We Look For
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our product. You will join a team and work collaboratively with business analyst, developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
- Act as a leader in documentation and work with internal teams including product manager, business analyst and developers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Determine the needs of users of technical documentation
- Work with team to make products and instructions easier to use
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Actively work with internal teams to meet delivery timelines in-line with product releases
- Be partner with team and ensure the documentation is up-to-date with latest releases and features.
- Use effective animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users understanding of the documentation
- Standardize content across platform
- Passionate to collect feedback and update/improve content frequently
- 3 or more years of Technical Writer experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with product based companies or enterprise applications
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation such as platform manual, user manuals, release notes, articles, blogs, stories, online help, developer guides, tutorials, etc.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Exposure on adobe tools like Robohelp, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Advanced communication, and team interaction skills
- Understanding of digital technologies and associated accessibility standards (Web Technologies and Mobile application Guidelines).
- Experience in converting Technical documents to HTML pages with basic knowledge on CSS and Styles is preferred
- Experience in animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred