The Sr. Manager of Research and Development is a seasoned technology leader, strategic thinker, highly energetic person with passion for cutting-edge technology and eagerness to lead and apply the latest developments in building the next generation eMarketPlace, Business Information Services, and Business Listing Services platform. The Sr. Manager of Research and Development is responsible for building world-class engineering team, working cross-functionally with Product Management team, senior leadership, sales and marketing, and customer support and in building and delivering comprehensive solutions related to eMarketplace, B2B, eCommerce, cross-Border trade.
- Continue to build a highly scalable, reliable, secure and high performance eMarketplace Business Information Services, and Business Listing Services platform including retail and global operations and logistics that will be the core of our business geared towards making e-commerce—domestic or cross-border—effective and efficient for businesses (B2B) and consumers (B2C) worldwide.
- Attract, develop, grow and motivate high performing engineering teams with a long-term strategy to meet talent needs. Provide timely feedback on performance and identify and fill gaps and risks on a regular basis through recruitment, workforce development, and succession planning.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate/negotiate with Marketing, Business Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements and direction.
- Guide the development, quality assurance, and deployment teams to help build the front-end, back-end, workflow, mobile, data analytics, data science and applied machine learning engineering systems supporting high volume transactions using micro services architecture and deploying in containers on public cloud platform.
- Identify and implement world-class development methodologies and processes across all development teams.
- Manage and plan budgets and resources.
- Stay on top of technology trends, market trends, competitors product trends, and apply those learnings to maintain the lead in the market place
- Build frameworks to promote third party development and integration
- Consider every human interaction and optimize the user experience on our eMarketplace global platform and make the platform intuitive and easy for users across the glove with different cultures and locale.
- Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to the people in the R&D organization. Ensure company policies, guidelines, values, ethics, and standards are understood by everyone in the organization and followed.
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related fields); Masters Preferred.
- Proven trackrecord as a manager, senior manager with strong communication (written and oral), presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture, including hands on experience in design, build and operations of Microservices in a product-based environment.
- Expertise in designing and developing cloud based high available distributed applications and must have extensive experience in object-oriented design.
- Sound familiarity with broad variety of Open source technologies and possess the ability to look under the hood and own these technologies.
- At least 8+ years of experience in engineering management and development of cloud based web and mobile applications.
- At least 4+ years of experience in Cloud implementation using container solutions such as Docker, latest open source technologies, Java, Hibernate and Spring technology stack (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Social, Spring Security, etc.)
- Development experience with Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle etc. and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.
- Strong expertise in DevOps tools such as GIT/Gerrit, Maven, Jenkins and Nexus or other similar tools.