Sr. Cloud Engineer
Experience: 6 to 10 Years
Role & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to define and ensure customer success
- Experience designing and supporting AWS environments. Develop scripts to automate the deployment of resource stacks and associated configurations
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to AWS. Proficient in IaC using CloudFormationor Terraform.
- Ability to blueprint, design and deploy scalable, HA and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Perform Proof of Concept and Pilot deployments of AWS-based solutions.
- Own each technical engagement and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/Data Science or equivalent is required
- Certification on AWS, Azure, Architecture or Technology in a plus.
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in automating cloud infrastructure through Cloud Formation templates.
- 3+ years in AWS Cloud platform. Exposure on other cloud platforms is a plus.
- Hands on experience in implementing continuous delivery system and methodologies on AWS.
- Highly technical and analytical with current solution architecture (implementation/ consulting) experience
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Extensive real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
- Experience in large data centre migration (cloud to cloud, hybrid), Migration strategies
- Experience implementing infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Hands on experience in writing CloudFormation Templates
- Experience in AWS account hardening.
- Experience in writing well designed microservices architecture
- Good knowledge and experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with other AWS services such as Cloud Front, Elasticache, Amazon S3, Beanstalk, Dynamo DB, Containers etc. is desirable
- Experience in working on Openstack and AWS management consoles
- Git, bash scripts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong technology background is required
Good to have:
- Enterprise application and database architecture
- Multi-cloud experience
- Experience in Terraform, Azure ARM, Python, Shell scripting, Jenkins, AWS code pipeline, Ansible
- Experience in setting up control tower and landing zone
- Container orchestration knowledge
- Linux administration