Software Development Engineer

About Neend:
Globally more than 30% of people face Insomnia. India is the 2nd most sleep-deprived country in the world. Adults on average should spend at least 30% of their day-to-day life sleeping. We at Neend, want to focus on this 30% of human life and make it better which will help us improve the rest 70% of life. Insomnia is a very common problem among Genz, and millennials (and boomers too) because of disturbed sleep cycles, Increased screen time, lack of physical exercise, and unhealthy food habits. We want to help people fall asleep quickly and have a great uninterrupted sleep.

We are a team from IIT Bombay with extensive experience in the startup and VC arena. We have done thorough research on sleeplessness, its root causes, and solutions and come up with unique solutions. We’ve started with Sleep Stories in your mother tongue. These stories reduce the brain waves while listening and help to fall asleep quickly and increase the overall sleep time. Each story is crafted very carefully with the right mix of white noise, context, and relatable experience. These stories are inspired by Yoga Nidra – The narrator soothingly describes the character’s sensory experience, moment by moment, as she observes and marvels at the wonder of nature – sights, sounds, smells, sensations.
These stories have benefited 2 Million people already and are available on YouTube now. Here is our Youtube Channel (~100k+ subscribers) and Android app (1.5L+ users)

About the Role

  • Entrepreneurial nature – keen on building and leading the tech side of the business.
  • Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
  • Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
  • Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
  • Take technology from 1 to 10.

Requirement and Skills

  • Proven experience as a tech lead or similar leadership role.
  • 3-4 years+ years of building tech enabled consumer apps.
  • Extensive knowledge of node.js , react.js, and react native
  • Worked previously in AWS /GCP.
  • Familiarity of working in Xcode and Android Studio
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Exceptional in building a team and scaling.
  • Most importantly should be positive, solution-seeking and have strong will power