As our SDE II- Backend, you will be part of a strike team that creates real-time multiplayer games for iOS/Android devices using our game development technology stack. You should have extensive experience in developing multiplayer mobile games.Core to our culture, you will work in small, fast-paced teams where everyone owns a significant part of the game and contributes both technically and creatively. You will be working directly with our senior engineering leaders to build the core back-end server-side tech that drives our games for millions of users.
- Managing scalability & performance for design back-end systems and APIs to meet their needs.
- Design and code new features and enhancements for our microservices ecosystem and connect millions of users in a competitive environment
- Contribute towards various aspects of a product’s life cycle, from specifications through QA to production rollouts.
- Work to optimize scalability and performance, and enhance other non-functional requirements.
- Work with all the stakeholders to influence and enhance game architecture and development.
- 4+ years of experience in Core Java.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Well versed in multi-threaded and socket programming.
- Experience in one or more frameworks like Spring/Spring Boot, Vertx, Netty, RestEasy,Restlet etc for building microservices using Rest, gRPC based communications.
- Strong experience of CPU/memory profiling and JVM performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience on unit testing with Junit and mock frameworks likeMockito,WireMock etc.
- Comfortable with code quality tools like Sonar, Checkstyle, FindBugs etc.
- Good knowledge of one or more Relational DBs; Postgres, MySql, Oracle etc.
- Good knowledge of one or more NoSQL DBs; MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch,Cassandra, etc.
- Exposure to graph DBs like Neo4j, Titan etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience with one or more queuing technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Experience in building scalable, performant, robust, and high available & fault-tolerantapplications.
- Comfortable with container based deployments (like Docker/Kubernetes) on any cloud like AWS/GCP/Azure etc.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, and empathy toward users and developers, e.g. when making design decisions and breaking changes.
- Experience of supporting live production infrastructure and the ability to work under pressure.