Discover how amazing products are born at Bombay Play, India’s most innovative gaming startup. We are looking for a QA Engineer to help us enhance the quality of our games. Bombay Play aims to publish a large number of groundbreaking social games over the coming years while maintaining a world class level of quality.
As QA Engineer, you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by work samples, references, and lessons learned on the way.
You will have in-depth QA, technical and project expertise, and have full ownership of quality across designated games. You will handle high priority releases while ensuring timely delivery against production timescales and costs. You will be expected to understand the relationship between client and server.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as part of an embedded QA team, alongside engineers, artists and designers as well as external testers
- Be the QA representative, coordinating with production, engineering, design heads.
- Write precise test cases that comprehensively cover the intended functionality of game features, systems, and components.
- Execute the test plan by completing test cases and updating them with the test results
- Identify and document defects, including reproduction steps and video capture.
- Perform regression, verification, compatibility, and deployment testing as needed
- Monitor each phase of the game development process so as to ensure design quality.
- Contribute to the identification and research of improvements to testing processes and techniques.
- Highlights past mistakes in a constructive way, and collaborates to understand the why then work to improve for the future. Where necessary shares improvements with other teams.
- Helps ensure a positive, professional and collaborative team environment is maintained within and between disciplines and teams.
- Should have 2+ years of experience in mobile testing (Android & IOS platform).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Developed, documented and maintained detailed test cases, user scenarios and test artifacts.
- Worked and delivered multiple simultaneous projects on-time against competing deadlines using an Agile development methodology.
- Experience in analyzing the device logs and usage of debugging tools. Thorough understanding of game test life cycle
- Proactive, positive and self-driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in using bug tracking and test management tools.
- Ideally worked within games as a service product, understands the concept of ‘Live QA’.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and stock allowance
- Work directly with experienced founders with deep expertise in their fields.
- Located in the heart of vibrant Bangalore. Our office is a stones throw from everything you need.
- Beautifully designed large office space.
- Flexible timing
- Competitive salary + Free shares