What are we looking for?
We are looking for Engineering Managers who are strong engineering leaders, with the ability to lead a group of highly ambitious and high performing engineers to amazing outcomes for the product and the business – both on the B2B and the B2C side. As an Engineering Manager, you are required to drive strong collaboration between product managers, engineers, and business leaders, to help with critical decision making and delivery with a singular focus of – “Getting things done” – in the best way possible.
What You Will Need:
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer or a lead – solving real world customer problems.
- BE / B.Tech / M.Tech – preferably in Computer Science
- Strong background in building backend technologies over distributed systems.
- Hands on experience in building platforms, technologies, and systems for products they have worked on.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- The ability to convince, negotiate and work with equally competent and smart stakeholders.
- Experience building complex technical solutions – highly scalable service-oriented architectures, distributed cloud-based systems – which power our fintech products.
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced, evolving work environment.
What you’ll do?
- Act as an entrepreneur – taking ownership of the problem statement end-to-end.
- Deliver best products from all engineering aspects like designing, architecting across multiple product lines.
- Lead a diverse team of high performing engineers – who set new standards everyday.
- Be a great engineer yourself – to be able to hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity – all in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Direct and provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture
The core product offerings are:
- Payouts – the first gateway in bulk disbursal.
- Instant refunds– available for the first time on a payment gateway Cashgram – instant refunds on COD orders, available for the first time.
- Pre-authorisation– block funds temporarily and debit full or partial amount on fulfilment.
- Subscriptions – one of the early gateways to offer recurring payments via e-mandate.
- Settlements – Same day settlements and instant settlements