As our Engineering Manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of engineers to define, drive and execute with alignment for the planned roadmap and long term vision. You will initiate processes that allow teams to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, SDEs, QA and SDET across the company on this high impact initiative.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities and features for different products and platforms.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management – prioritization , planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments, transparent communication and identification of scope changes and risk identification, analysis and resolution.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence – monitoring & operation of production services.
- Career management and development of direct reports.
- 10+ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 7+ years of Software Development experience and at least 2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Deep hands-on technical expertise on server side technologies especially on Java or GoLang.
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development, experience in building microservices and highly scalable and performant applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective stakeholder management, in cross functional teams.
- Managed a team of 5+ engineers, taking care of the delivery planning, resource alignments, prioritization, performance management(including managing appraisal cycles), and effective feedback for the team and individuals.