Jar is a daily gold savings app that lets users save money by taking spare change from their online transactions and investing it in digital gold automatically. Jar is the first Made in India app to come up with an innovative solution to save money daily and invest automatically in digital gold for the best gold rate.
We want to help millions of Indians rediscover the undeniable, cumulative advantages of saving every single day and are backed by a clutch of high-profile investors, including Arkam Ventures, Tribe Capital, WEH Ventures, and angels including Kunal Shah (founder of CRED), Shaan Puri (formerly with Twitch), Ali Moiz (founder of Stonks), Vivekananda Hallekere (co-founder of Bounce), Alvin Tse (of Xiaomi) and Kunal Khattar (managing partner at AdvantEdge)
💡 About the role
At Jar, we are looking for a Content Lead – someone who will be responsible for driving creative ideation and execution across all Jar online and offline consumer touchpoints, along with leading creative teams and its efforts across all Jar marketing channels – including Print, Billboards, Digital Ads, Social Media, Newsletters etc.
- Be the leader of the in-house content team and the single point of contact for all external stakeholders/agencies related to content
- Evolve Jar’s voice and develop a clear content direction across all messaging touch-points especially Social & Product
- Write, guide, and execute copy across the following channels: Product, Marketing, Social, CRM, Web, Paid Media, and User Acquisition.
- Be a strategic thinker and creative storyteller to bring the brand to life in all mediums to grow and connect with our community.
- Be responsible for quality control on all materials to ensure creative intention: tone, language, value propositions, and legal clearances are adhered to and maintained.
- Implement ongoing communications with internal stakeholders to inspire the best work and ensure a strong feedback loop.
- Have a continual pulse on current trends to identify new topics of interest, drive a cultural conversation, and ensure Jar’s voice is pushing boundaries.
- Spearhead creative viral moments to garner positive earned media; help us be an innovator in the space and come up with big-swing cross-platform campaign ideas
- Make Jar’s social best in class, especially on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Manage external agencies and stakeholders related to content creation
- Stay on top of cutting-edge social media execution tactics and shifts in the social landscape
- Constantly experiment and then replicate what’s effective
- Make Jar a leader in user engagement
- Work closely with the Community team as needed
- 7+ years of experience in copywriting: agency and in-house experience in the tech space.
- Proven experience to lead a team of young talented writers, ability to hire great talent
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills and the ability to create copy across a wide range of voices. Clear understanding and a relevant point of view on brand tone and style.
- Strong team player who is able to work with different creative disciplines and teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand how to tailor strategies for different social channels, and are a pro at all of them
- Excellent grammar, editing, and proofreading capabilities.