We’re looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals. We want you to be comfortable being open to feedback and making rapid improvements; to enable and empower your peers; and finally, we want you to learn. Jar isn’t paying you just to work, but also paying you to learn – you’re bringing and taking something from the table.
What is Jar?
Jar is a savings app that helps its users save daily in the form of digital gold — we wish to help Indians rediscover the long-term benefits of habitual daily savings in an era where instant gratification is king.
Jar was founded by Nishchay AG, former director and founding member at mobility start-up Bounce, and Misbah Ashraf, founder of community-focused e-commerce platform Marsplay.
What does Jar do?
Jar is building a micro-wealth management platform, one step at a time — starting with micro savings, financial literacy, micro investments, and encouraging people to habituate the act of saving.
- As a Backend Engineer, you will design and build server-side components that run seamlessly on Jar, design and implement infrastructure, and constantly explore ways to improve the efficiency of how our code works.
- You will partner with fullstack engineers to build high-performance REST & WebSocket APIs to power our frontend experiences
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production environment.
- As an early engineer, work with the team to create and foster a culture of raising the bar with each new hire.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in writing secure, efficient, high-quality code and have a good understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals with a knowledge of concepts in operating systems , computer networks and whatever you need to deliver the most efficient experience for the user.
- Experience with technologies like Java, Spring Boot ,MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and other server-side technologies, etc.
- Ability to architect and scale services from scratch and maintain them.
- Experience with implementation of services in a micro-service architecture.
- Familiarity with efficient caching mechanisms and the ability to implement them in the relevant stack
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms .
Good to have
- Experience with building fintech products.
- Experience building and scaling applications on public cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc. )
- Experience in the development of large, distributed software systems.
- A Background in Computer Science.
Why join Jar, you ask?
Jar is a diverse and inclusive workplace which embraces ideas and perspectives of all employees, and recognises their efforts and contributions regardless of gender or ethnicity. Our workspace also boasts a great blend of youth and experience, which helps us maintain a transparent culture with no micromanagement. We also have flexible working hours, and provide medical insurance to all employees.